Sunday, July 27, 2008

Friendship...is this real or just a myth?

Is friendship real anymore or have we lost sight of this wonderful bond between other people? I wonder sometimes. I have not disregarded friendship as a whole; I have a few friends, but I have many acquaintances in this world. I so cherish the few friends I have and the glory I get from their reflections on my life and the joy they add to it. I would not change that for the world, but what happened to the others? All the others that I have crossed paths with and befriended, later down the road of life they have faded from my life becoming a faint memory.
I wonder does society value the meaning and bond of friendship anymore? I wonder if we as individuals value the people that have been brought into our lives? I think not. Have we as a society wandered the path of life feeding on the friendships that we are blessed with only to throw them to the wayside like litter on the interstate. Have we forgotten what this bond means, the offering it gives to life and how our experiences are molded?
I ask you to ponder on the thought of the people who have faded into the back part of your brain, the shadows. Wonder what they could have offered. Contemplate the offerings that you have forbid in your life. It may not bother you at all cause it is the heart which yearns for more and the brain which seeks knowledge, but hell what did they have to offer, right...?

1 comment:

JP said...

This is really random but in London they call litter "rubbish."

:]